All Blood Everything
Time & Location
About the Event
This workshop is an in-depth exploration of everything Blood. We'll draw upon Eastern theory, herbalism and traditional practices to help us better understand what Blood is and how to use this knowledge at home and in a healing practice. Dennis Von Elgg will lead a class on what Blood is within the scope of Eastern medical theory and within your own body. In this class you will learn:
- What is Blood? How it works in theory, the natural world and clinical practice.
- How to recognize common Blood imbalances - depletion, stagnation, excess heat and cold.
- Clinical gems and case studies to recognize, diagnose and treat Blood imbalances.
- Top 8 single herbs that benefit Blood - including, Rehmannia/Shu Di, Fo Ti/He Shou Wu, Longan Fruit/Long Yan Rou, Angelica Root/Dang Gui, Peony Root/Bai Shao, Jujube Dates/Da Zao, Goji Berry/Gou Qi Zi., Sang Shen/Mulberry.
- Analyze and taste test important Blood tonic formulas - including Si Wu Tang, Ba Zhen Tang and Gui Pi Tang.
- Lifestyle and nutrition practices to benefit Blood- including gua sha and cupping.
- The final hour is reserved for Acupuncture CEU students - we will cover acupuncture meridians and points for Blood cultivation, including a Q&A with Dennis.
This workshop is open to everyone, no experience necessary. This class is part of a six part series created with Western herbalists, acupuncturists and holistic practitioners in mind.
When: Saturday May 2, 2020 10-3pm
Where: Herb Folk Community Medicine, 117 Washington Street, Petaluma, CA 94952
Acupuncture CE Course Credit: This is a category 1 course, pending approval by the California Acupuncture Board, Provider Number 1587, for 5 hours of continuing education.
Speakers & Organizers:
* Dennis is a licensed Acupuncturist and clinical herbalist. He earned his Master of Science degree in Traditional Chinese Medicine from ACTCM in San Francisco, and did his post-graduate work at the Chengdu University of Traditional Chinese Medicine Hospital in the Sichuan Province in China. Dennis is a skilled clinician and educator. He frequently presents lectures to students and fellow acupuncturists and is a guest lecturer at UC Berkeley in the Integrative Biology Department. Since 2002 Dennis has been a professor at the Acupuncture and Integrative Medicine College, Berkeley, where he teaches graduate level herbology and integrative medicine courses. He brings together a large volume of Chinese Medicine and health topics to students in a way that is relatable, practical and inspirational.
His private practice is in Occidental, CA: www.redwoodneedle.com and IG: @the_redwood_needle
* Erin Wilkins is an holistic health practitioner and community health activist. Her work focuses on restoring health and preventing illness by using a combination of herbal medicine, Acupuncture, traditional Chinese medicine, nutrition, energy work and lifestyle counseling. Her passion is making holistic health care accessible for everyone in our community. She is the founder and exec director of Herb Folk Community Medicine. Her private practice is Open Hand Acupuncture in Petaluma, CA.
CE Course Disclosures: At the end of class students will receive a 10% discount for any and all purchases at Herb Folk including, but not limited to, herbs, tea, moxa, topicals, and holistic medicine supplies. Questions can be directed to Erin Wilkins at firstname.lastname@example.org or 707-774-6434.
Continuing Education Course Cancellation and Refund Policy:
Unless explicitly state in the description of the course, the Herb Folk Community Medicine (Herb Folk) CE Course Cancelation and Refund Policy is:
- Cancellations and requests for refunds must be received by Herb Folk no fewer than seven (7) days prior to the first day of course.
- No refunds will be given for cancellations made fewer than seven (7) days prior to the first day of the course.
- Submit requests for refunds via email to email@example.com
- All request for refunds must be approved by the CE coordinator.
- Approved refunds will receive a full refund less a $25 administrative fee and will be processed within 14 days of approval.
- Herb Folk is unable to transfer course fees paid for one course to any other course or workshop.
- Herb Folk reserves the right to cancel courses with insufficient enrollment or due to an instructor’s illness. A full refund will be granted in this case and refunds will be processed within 14 days of cancellation.
- All Blood Everything$80$800$0
- All Blood + Acu CEU Credit$150$1500$0