All Qi Everything - Asian American Herbalism
Time & Location
About the Event
In this Asian-American herbalism workshop with Erin, we will go on an in-depth exploration of everything Qi. Drawing upon Eastern theory, herbalism and traditional practices we will discuss what Qi is and how it can be felt in the body. We'll discover how this knowledge can be applied to daily life and cultivated in a healing practice. In this class we will learn:
- What is Qi? How it works in theory, the natural world and clinical practice
- How to recognize common Qi imbalances - depletion, stagnation, sinking and dampness
- Eastern & Western Herbs which strengthen and benefit your Qi
- Lifestyle practices to benefit Qi - Medical Qi Gong
- This class is part of the February session of Asian American Folk Traditions* and ties into Adrian's class - Lunar New Year in the Asian-American Kitchen - on Saturday 2/6/2020.
- These two classes can be purchased together for a discounted total price of $100.
- The zoom meeting link will be sent out via confirmation email and 24 hours prior to class.
- A recording of the workshop will be sent out to all participants following the event (expires after 1 month).
- Please note that this is a community care class, not a professional development course.
- All sales are final.
- Erin is an Asian American herbalist and Japanese acupuncturist. Her clinical work is rooted in Eastern energetic theory (Japanese and traditional Chinese medicine) -- tapping into her own ancestral healing traditions to empower others to restore health and prevent illness. She is the owner of Herb Folk, an herb shop and clinic in Petaluma, CA. She founded Herb Folk in 2016 to spotlight Asian American herbalism and to serve the community by making holistic health care more accessible. Erin remains a dedicated activist at the intersection of herbalism, racial equity and environmental justice. She is a parent to two young kids and a proud Yonsei. To learn more visit HerbFolkShop.com
* Asian American Folk Traditions: Ancestral Wisdom for Daily Life 2021
A series of seasonal wellness courses based on ancestral knowledge from the Asian-American hearth & home. Join Herbalist Erin Wilkins (@Herbfolkmedicine) and Cook & Food Writer Adrian Chang (@Mori.house/@MyKitsuneCafé) as they take you into a space where Asian ancestral wisdom intersects with Western upbringing and culture, and manifests itself as a unique perspective into natural, holistic & intentional living. Let Erin take you through a journey of exploring Traditional Chinese Medicine and its relation and benefits to body & mind. Follow Adrian into his home as together we learn nourishing seasonal recipes which speak to the depth and soul of what it means to be Asian-American in the kitchen.
- Sold OutFebruary- 2 Class Package$100$1000$0
- Sold OutAll Qi Everything - Solo$80$800$0