Moxa Basics (2)
Time & Location
About the Event
Moxibustion therapy is the use of Moxa herbs to warm acupuncture points for therapeutic benefit. Moxa is made from the leaves of the mugwort plant (Artemisia argue) and is processed into various forms. It provides a deep penetrating heat that is healing and comforting. Its use in Chinese medicine predates written history.
Erin Wilkins will lead this live online class as a hands on workshop. A moxibustion kit* is included with this ticket and will be sent out via USPS mail to all participants. To make sure that you receive the kit before the class, please register by November 9th.
In this class you'll learn:
- History and traditional practice of moxibustion
- Intro to Eastern energetics
- DIY moxibustion workshop
- How to moxa common acupuncture points and areas of the body for theraputic benefit
- Cautions and contraindications
- The zoom meeting link will be sent out via email 24 hours prior to class.
- A recording of the workshop will be sent out to all participants following the event (expires after 1 month).
- All sales are final.
- Please note that this is a community care class, not a professional development course.
Erin Wilkins is an Asian American herbalist and Japanese acupuncturist. Her clinical work is rooted in Eastern energetic theory -- tapping into her own ancestral healing traditions to empower others to restore health and prevent illness. Erin founded Herb Folk in 2016 to spotlight Asian American herbalism and to serve our community by making holistic health care more accessible. Erin remains a dedicated activist at the intersection of herbalism, racial equity and environmental justice. She is a parent to two young kids and a proud Yonsei.
- Moxa Basics$120$1200$0
- BIPOC Ticket$80$800$0