Seasonal Wellness Workshop - Winter
Time & Location
About the Event
This workshop will draw upon traditional wisdom and current trends for staying healthy with the seasons. Dennis Von Elgg will lead a class on the energetics of Winter through the lens of Eastern medicine. We will explore how to stoke your inner fire during the Winter months to cultivate the deep reserves of energy that drive physical and mental restoration, sexual vitality and adrenal health throughout the entire year. In this class, you will learn/expereince:
- Winter seasonal wellness practices and Eastern theory.
- How to stoke your inner fire for physical and mental restoration, sexual vitality and adrenal health.
- Winter roots and herbs - cordyceps, reishi, ginseng, pine pollen, cinnamon and more.
- Medicinal decoction demo and congee tasting.
- Heat therapy workshop- moxibustion and traditional foot baths.
- Everyone will take home a tea blend and a moxa kit to use at home.
This is fundraiser benefiting Herb Folk Community Medicine’s non-profit health clinics.
Speakers & Organizers:
* Dennis is a licensed Acupuncturist and clinical herbalist. He earned his Master of Science degree in Traditional Chinese Medicine from ACTCM in San Francisco, and did his post-graduate work at the Chengdu University of Traditional Chinese Medicine Hospital in the Sichuan Province in China. Dennis is a skilled clinician and educator. He frequently presents lectures to students and fellow acupuncturists and is a guest lecturer at UC Berkeley in the Integrative Biology Department. Since 2002 Dennis has been a professor at the Acupuncture and Integrative Medicine College, Berkeley, where he teaches graduate level herbology and integrative medicine courses. He brings together a large volume of Chinese Medicine and health topics to students in a way that is relatable, practical and inspirational.
His private practice is in Occidental, CA: www.redwoodneedle.com and IG: @the_redwood_needle
* Erin Wilkins is an holistic health practitioner and community health activist. Her work focuses on restoring health and preventing illness by using a combination of herbal medicine, Acupuncture, traditional Chinese medicine, nutrition, energy work and lifestyle counseling. Her passion is making holistic health care accessible for everyone in our community. She is the founding director of Herb Folk Community Medicine. Her private practice is Open Hand Acupuncture in Petaluma, CA.
* Carrie Kane is a clinical nutritionist and educator with a Masters Degree in Holistic Nutrition. Her work is based on a deep understanding of how to use food as medicine for healing the body and mind. She empowers clients to take charge of their own health and teaches on a variety of topics, including, thyroid and hormone balance, nutrient dense cooking and meal planning, autoimmune disease, and therapeutic supplementation. Her private practice is Heirloom Nutrition in Petaluma, CA.
- Winter Workshop$60$600$0
- Sliding Scale$35$350$0