Tinctures and Glycerites
Time & Location
About the Event
Join us for a class on how to make tinctures and glycerites. Teacher, Colleen Solis Bingham, brings years of medicine making experience to share with us not only how, but why this is a valuable medicine making skill. She'll cover the basics, and then some, followed by a hands on workshop. In this class you'll learn:
- DIY basics for tinctures and glycerites
- Medicinal herbs that are well-suited for alcohol based and glycerin based tinctures
- How to work with fresh and dried herbs
- Demonstration of how to use an herb press
- Workshop to create a custom tincture and a chamomile glycerite to take home.
This class can be taken on it's own or as the first class of our medicine makers series.
Colleen Bingham Solis is devoted to a life defined by what she finds growing in the soil and fueled by synthesizing these organic components into accessible healing potions for humans.
In 2010, with a passion for organic skin care, Colleen made her first batch of topical products, signed up for her first herbal studies course and began her journey as a product formulator and herbalist.
Colleen is now a Certified Herbalist, instructor at The California School of Herbal Studies, contributing writer at the Herbal Academy, founder of the beauty brand Poppy Botanicals, and herbal product developer and consultant for cosmetic companies nationwide. https://poppybotanicals.com
- Tinctures & Glycerites$60$600$0